This month we are going to learn about food safety.
Did you know:
- Hand washing is an important part of food safety
- When you wash your hands, wash them for 20 seconds. Sing your ABC's twice, that's about 20 seconds.
- Another way to keep our food safe is to make sure it is the right temperature
- Cold foods should be 41 degrees or below
- Hot foods, after cooked, should remain at 135 degrees or higher
- Another way to keep our food safe is not to mix uncooked food with cooked food. You can get sick by eating unsafe food.